Framed Star

Framed Star
    Details:
  • Dimensions:

    59" x 59"

  • Design and Assembly:

    Joanne Grimes

  • Fabrics:

    Variety from local thrift stores

  • Machine Stitches:

    Basic machine stitch

I pick the design. It's the first design that I've ever done that can be done in the traditional block style.


I pick the fabric and cut out the pieces.


I lay out all the pieces. I realized that half the squares should have been cut in mirror image. Luckily the fabric weave was on both sides!

I set up the pieces in groups in the order they will be sewn.

Step 1



Step 2



Step 3



Step 4



Step 5



Step 6



Step 7



Step 8



Step 9



The ragged edges are sewn.

The middle section is started.


Step 10...ish


Step 11, ya we'll go with that.


Step 12


Step 13


>

Step 14


>

Step 15


>

Step 16


'

Step 17


Step 18


Signed and dated


Done