Ancient Volcanos

Ancient Volcano
    Details:
  • Dimensions:

    6" x 6"

  • Design, Embroidery, and Assembly:

    Joanne Grimes

  • Fabrics:

    Cotton from local thrift stores

  • Threads:

    Three-strand embroidery

  • Hand Stitches:

    Stem, Open fishbone, and Otomi stitches

  • Machine Stitches:

    Basic machine stitch

I pick the design.

This will be a small embroidery piece. I drew this in the early '80s on a 3" notepad. Here's the original rough sketch design. I got a volcano vibe when I looked at it.

I pick the fabric and threads.

I use a washable marker to copy the design onto the fabric.

Lots of scribbles going on there, but I get a start stitching.

Starting...

Progressing...

Working...

La de da da...

Done yet?

Gettin there...

I date and sign the back.

Ta da!!!!!!! Done.