Tracks in the Garden

Design & Stitched by: Joanne Grimes
Size: 5" x 5"
Thread: 3 strand embroidery
Stitches: Stem, Satin, Overcast, Couching and French knot

Hi, Welcome back! I took most of the summer off to do outside projects with family. Good times were had by all and many projects were completed! Now back to sewing.
    Click on a day to see progress:
  • Aug 20, 2014
  • Aug 19, 2014
  • Aug 18, 2014
  • Aug 17, 2014
  • Aug 16, 2014
  • Aug 15, 2014

  • Aug 15


    I am doing an embroidery project this time. Here we go.



    Here is the design and fabric.



    Aug 16

    I started stitching today. I'm winging the color and stitching selection as is my custom with embroidery. The original paper design is about 4" x 4", but the finished design will be bigger because I'm using 3 strands of thread.


    Aug 17


    I freehand draw the next rounds on with a washable marker and continue working.



    Aug 18


    Continuing on...


    Aug 19


    Just about there...


    Aug 20


    I get done sewing the design.