Lotsa Hearts

    Details:
  • Dimensions: 12" x 12"
  • Design, Embroidery: Joanne Grimes
  • Fabric: Satin (I think)
  • Threads: 2 Strand and 3 Strand Embroidery
  • Stitches: Stem and French Knot.

This project is supposed to be the second entry in a show coming up this summer.

    Click on a day to see progress:
  • Day 1, Jan 2017
  • Day 2, Jan 2017
  • Day 3, Jan 2017
  • Day 4, Jan 2017

  • Day 1, Jan 2017

    I picked a design that is made up entirely of hearts.



    This is the fabric piece. I believe it is satin and a bright pink color.




    Here's how far I got today. There are some very small elements.

    I draw the entire design on the satin with washable marker.


    Day 2, Jan 2017

    ...and I continue sewing in the design...



    Day 3, Jan 2017

    ...and sew on (bad pun)...



    Day 4, Jan 2017

    ...and on and on...



    ...and to the end. I finish with a lacy border and my signature.