Blogger Quilt Festival: Mariner's Compass Ultimate Variation

AmysCreativeSide.com

So after a couple days working on a new quilt (it won't be done in time for this though) and cruising the quilting blogs I happen upon this great way to get out into this creative world. This will be the first time I do this at the Bloggers Quilt Festival. 
I figured this one would work nicely with the Scrap Quilt Category.
  • Quilt Measurements -not really sure but I think it's 102" x 112" (it fits our queen bed & it's put away for the summer & I don't feel like hauling it out)
  • Special Techniques used, if any- Does my used clothing stash count? Lots of in-seam sewing going on in there, too. Sometimes I make up my own techniques to get the design to work. 
  • Entirely pieced
  • Quilted  & designed by…Joanne Grimes 
This was the first quilt I made from my design stash. We needed a good winter quilt and the quilts I saw in stores did not impress me with design or workmanship. I used parts of old clothes like my wedding dress, denims, an unused partially silk kimono, some Marine Corps t-shirs of mine, and other stuff. It's tie-quilted because the batting is 1 1/2" thick and tie quilts are more comfy. The original post is here:

Since we can enter 2 quilts here is my other entry.