Winter Sun

Winter Sun
    Details:
  • Dimensions: 44" x 44"
  • Design, Piecing, Assembly and Machine Quilting: Joanne Grimes
  • Fabrics: Varieties from local thrift stores
  • Machine Stitches: Basic machine stitch

This quilt is a repeat of a tie quilt, but now it's a nice wall hanging size.

    Click on a day to see progress:
  • Day 1, Mar 2017
  • Day 2, Mar 2018
  • Mar 2018 thru Jan 2019
  • Day 1, Mar 2017
    back

    I pick the design.



    Here's the original rough sketch design. This looks like some winter suns early in the morning.


    Day 2, Mar 2018
    back

    I pick the fabrics.


    I match the piece numbers with the fabric numbers.


    Mar 2018 thru Jan 2019
    back


    Well it certainly has been awhile since I've updated this post. I worked on the quilt through several months, but I wasn't in the mood to update the site. I did remember to take pictures of my progress. Now the quilt is done and the site needs to be updated, so here I go.
    The design is drawn out on freezer paper.


    The first and second sections are cut out and pressed onto their corresponding fabrics.


    The first section pieces are laid out.


    The pieces are sewn.



    The second section is laid out.


    The pieces are laid out.


    The pieces are sewn.


    The outside section is prepared.


    I changed my mind about what fabrics to use in the outside sections.


    The remaining pieces are cut out.


    Everything is laid out.


    Sewing again.


    This was the original tie quilt.