Solstice and Equinox

    Details:
  • Dimensions: 13" x 13"
  • Design, Embroidery: Joanne Grimes
  • Fabric: Cotton blend (I think)
  • Threads: 2 Strand Embroidery
  • Stitches: Stem, Wide Chain, Back Stitch, and French Knot.

This project is supposed to be the second entry in a show coming up this summer. I have exactly 22 days to get done. I better get busy.

    Click on a day to see progress:
  • Apr, 26 2015
  • Mar 29, 2015

  • Mar 29

    I picked one of my designs that has a couple of extra elements in it.


    This is the fabric piece. It's a cotton blend (I think) and has a nice tight weave. It's a bright light blue color.



    Here's how far I got today. I drew out almost the entire design with washable marker. There are some very small elements.


    Apr 26

    I didn't have time to keep the blog up-to-date while I was working on this. I barely got it done in time for the Cedarburg Quilt Museum deadline for the Fiber Arts Show. So here's the pics I did have time to take.